Friday, September 24, 2010

Frontline US Marine Band PDB1

The Frontline US Marine Band is a beautiful set which I have enjoyed for years.  I can't quite recall where I purchased it at, but King's X in San Antonio seems to be the likely culprit.  Frontline makes great figures and is part of the new school of Toy Soldier makers.  It was founded in 1983 in Hong Kong.  I hope some day I can visit Hong Kong (on business) and make a stop into their shop.

This set is historically horribly innacurate, but is a nice addition to the band collection anyways.  I was corrected on the inaccuracy of this set by Col. John R. Bourgeois himself as he remarked, that while the Marines certainly do have a drum and bugle corps, they where standard Marine blue uniforms.  The Red tunics are reserved for "The President's Own United States Marine Band" and they would never be seen on parade in this instrumentation.

Without a doubt he is right, but I don't really care.  I still enjoy this set greatly.  The pictures below depict the set as it was displayed at my previous house and where I currently have it displayed on top of a US Military field drum (quite appropriate I think).

No comments:

Post a Comment