Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Britains Band of the royal Air Force No. 41151

This is one of my newer acquisitions.  I purchased this off of eBay a few years back as it was one of those "too good of a deal not to pass up" situations.  This 21 piece band is one of the Britains limited edition sets.  The set was limited to 1000 sets and produced in 2005. 

This is also one of the first sets I have that were produced after Britains was purchased by Ertl.  Apparantly, Britains Ltd was acquired by Ertl in 2000.  I was not really paying much attention to what was happening in the land of military miniatures at that point, so it came to me as a suprise that there were other logos on the box as well as the Britains logo.  As an aside, I think for the most part-  Ertl has done a great job with the brand.  My only complaint would be the move to use plastic "clamshell" packaging on single soldiers and small sets... I know this is a retail friendly, cost-savings move- but it still takes away some of the allure of the earlier Britains soldiers.  Part of the attraction to the older sets is the great boxes they have come in... I would hate to see that all change...  On limited edition sets, they are still faithfully in a nice boxed package- so perhaps it is only for the lower budget items.

Anyways, i digress.  This set is beautiful and has sat in my work office for a few years in a prime location.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment