Sunday, November 22, 2009

Black Watch Piper by King and Country

The next piece I am wanting to talk about is a beautiful example of late craftsmanship in the toy soldier world.  King and Country, is a relatively new company based out of Hong Kong (if my company ever sends me to the home office... I am FOR SURE making a pitstop at K&C). 

This piece means quite a bit to me as it was one that I found on a more recent trip to San Antonio.  On this trip, I once again stayed at the historical Menger hotel which happens to be home to King's X Toy Soldiers.  As I perused the product at King's X, this one really jumped out to me.  Now dont get me wrong, there were bands and complete sets that I would have loved to have... but at this particular time money was quite tight as I had just started my job...  This was all I could afford.  Looking back- I feel quite blessed to have picked up this gorgeous piece as it is so bloody detailed and stands to be one of my favorite single soldiers in the collection.

King and Country Black Watch Highlander Puoer NA35
origin: Hong Kong
Year 2004


No comments:

Post a Comment